How To Add Social Media Sharing Buttons To WordPress Website
Want to make it easy for your blog visitors to share your content with their friends?
Add social media sharing button to your blog!
Not to worry, you don’t need to add the sharing button each and every time, all thanks to WordPress plugins.
There are several social sharing plugins are available for WordPress website.
However, in this article I will talk about one of the best plugin, Super Socializer, having a rating more than 4.8 and it also allows you to customize it to meet your website need.
Nearly everyone Internet user is active on social media either it is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Whatsapp.
If you add sharing button on your website then they can easily share your post without leaving your blog with their friends, colleagues, and family members.
Actually, social sharing is a great, easy and reliable way to promote your website to new potential viewers.
It not only increase your website traffic, but also improves your site rank on the internet.
Google ranking algorithm takes post shared on social media networks into account.
So, let’s get started.
How To Add Social Sharing Button To WordPress Website
Follow the below steps to install Super Socializer sharing button.
1. Login to your WordPress admin/ back-end area.
2. Click on the Plugins option in the sidebar of the WordPress dashboard followed by Add New.
3. On the top right corner, you will find the search box, type Super Socializer and install it.
4. Once the plugin is installed and activated you can start customizing it by clicking on setting button as shown below.
Customization Of Super Socializer Plugin
2. Social commenting: If you enable Social commenting, it will start showing all the comments which have been given to your post on Facebook (on your blog itself ). Isn’t it a cool feature?
3. Social login: By enabling this option, your visitors will have to log in via social account to comment on your post.
4. Social sharing: This is what we were curious about. How to add social sharing button on a website? So, here it is.
- To enable social sharing option, you need to click on checkbox appeared on the top of the page.
- Once you enable the option, you will get lots of other options like Social Icon, size, shape, alignment, background colour and much more.
- Customize it as per your requirement and then click on “Standard Interface” tab.
- Choose the social platform you want to add in sharing button.
- On the same page scroll down and tick the checkbox you want to add in social sharing button as per your requirement.
- Once you satisfied save the changes and you are all set.
5. Like buttons: If you enable “like button” option, you will get to know how many likes you have got on your blog post.
After you finished customization don’t forget to click on “Save Changes” button to save all the changes you have made.
You may like to see our post on Important things you must know about WordPress plugins.
That’s all in this article, and feel free to ask me any question related to the topic by commenting below.
Frequently asked questions
A search engine like Google uses an advanced algorithm to rank the web pages for their searchers.
But those algorithms still need your help to understand and rank the content of your web page properly.
If your content is not optimized, then the search engine will fail to rank your website and it won’t appear in the search result…
…because of this, you will miss out all the traffic related to your webpage.
So it is really important to do SEO for your website.
Before coming to this question it’s really important for us to understand what search engine exactly do.
A search engine like Google consists of :
- A crawler
- An Index and
- An algorithm
A crawler follows the link on the web 24/7 and saves the HTML version of a page in the database, called index.
The index will get updated automatically if Google comes to your website and found a new or revised version of it.
After indexing, Google will start showing your website in the search result.
Google has a complex algorithm that decides which pages are shown in which order.
How this algorithm works is a bit secret but you can start optimizing your website as per the new trends which will definitely help you in improving your web ranking dramatically.
(How exactly the search engine operates we will see in Chapter-1).
Yes, you can hire an SEO agency if they fit in below points:
- If you have enough budget – A good SEO agency will charge $100k for 12 months of project
- If they fit in your business model
- If they won’t lock you in contract
- If you are looking for long term success
- If you don’t have time for SEO
Of course, you can do it by yourself.
Depending on your commitment, learning enthusiasm, your willingness to learn, and how serious you are, you can do SEO of your website by yourself.
Even a small amount of knowledge can make a big difference.
Start learning now and believe me you will become a master in Search engine optimization.
A plugin like Yoast SEO has made things easier.
If you really want to learn and improve search traffic to your website I recommend you to read this guide completely (From chapter 1 to chapter 5).
Each chapter consists of valuable information skipping any topic may ruin all your effort.
In the next chapter, we will see how exactly search engine operates.